What are your top priorities in life? I’ve done a lot of research on this question, so I can tell you that the top answers people usually give are family and career. The answer that most people wouldn’t even think about giving is fitness. This surprising statistic is what inspired me to write my best selling book, “Make Fitness A Priority: How to win the fight against your excuses”.
In our minds fitness is always the thing that we plan to get to later because we think we are too busy now. We all have obstacles and challenges in our lives that we can use as excuses to put fitness off until later.
- I’m too busy. I don’t have any time to workout.
- I’m too tired. I don’t have any energy left to workout.
- I travel all the time for work. I never know where I’m going or when I’m going. That makes it impossible for me to get into a consistent routine.
- I have kids at home I need to be there for. My kids have activities going on every other night of the week, and I need to be there to support them.
- I don’t have a gym nearby to go to.
- Even if I did have a gym nearby to go to, I wouldn’t have any idea what to do when I walked in the door.
Do any of those statements sound familiar? Have you used any of them? We use these obstacles as validation to ourselves that it is just not in the cards for us to get in shape right now. Our fitness is always the thing we plan to get to later … you know, when we have more time. The problem with that way of thinking is that that magical day we are waiting for when all of sudden we won’t be busy anymore and we will have tons of free time – that day will never come. It does not exist. That is the realization you need to make right now. I really hate to be the one to break it to you, but there will never be a shortage of excuses. There will always be excuses you can use to skip your workout and validate going through the drive through.
Let’s say instead of asking you, “What are your top priorities in life?”, I asked you “What are some things you can do to improve your quality of life?” For that question, I am sure that exercising and eating healthy would be two of the top answers. In this 6 week workbook, my goal is not to convince you that exercising and eating right is important. You already understand the value of those things. My goal is to help you realize that even though you are busy and you have obstacles and challenges that you face regularly, you can still make fitness a priority in your life too. If you decide to do that your quality of life will be better.
After completing this 6-week course you will:
- Realize that every excuse is just an obstacle you have not overcome yet.
- Learn how to set yourself up for success at the beginning of every week, and put a stop to your excuses before they show up.
- Learn how to evaluate yourself at the end of every week, and become a problem solver for every challenging obstacle you face.
- Be able to use your WHY fuel to help you get long term success, and stop starting over.
- Understand that failing is inevitable, but it doesn’t end your fitness journey.
- Learn that anyone, no matter what obstacles they face, can make fitness a priority in their lives, and if you choose to do it, your life will be better.
- Included with the 6 week challenge is the 6-week workbook, and your own copy of Chad’s best selling book, “Make Fitness A Priority: How to win the fight against your excuses”
- Course takes you through Chad’s 3 part coaching plan covering Mindset, Nutrition, & Training.
- Weekly evaluations and accountability check ins.
- Both in-person Personal Training and Online Personal Training options available