You Are Stronger Than Your Excuses!
Everyone see’s health and fitness as something that is important, but we always seem to put it off until later. We all have obstacles in our lives that we use as excuses as to why we can’t make our own health a priority at the moment.
Do any of these sound familiar:
- I don’t have any time to workout.
- I work crazy hours and that makes it impossible for me to get into a consistent routine.
- I have kids at home I need to be there for.
- My kids have activites going on every other night of the week, and I need to be there to support them.
- I travel all the time for work, and I never know where I’m going or when I’m going.
- My job is so stressful that I never have any energy left when I get home.
- There are so many scams in the health and fitness industry, how do I even know who to listen to?
- It’s just too expensive to eat healthy these days.
- I don’t have a gym nearby to go to.
- I wouldn’t know what to do at the gym even if I went.
Do any of those statements sound familiar? Have you used any of them?
We use these obstacles as validation to ourselves that it is just not in the cards for us to get in shape right now. Our fitness is always the thing we plan to get to later…you know, when we have more time. The problem with that way of thinking is that that magical day we are waiting for when all of a sudden we won’t be busy anymore and we will have tons of free time – that day will never come. It does not exist. That is the realization you need to make right now. I really hate to be the one to break it to you, but there will never be a shortage of excuses you can use to skip your workout and validate going through the drive through.
Stop waiting for a day that will never come!
The good news is anyone can make fitness a priority in their lives. All you have to do is simply make a decision to do it. It won’t always be easy, but it will be worth it. The time has come for you to take action. Time to stop using your obstacles as excuses. It’s decision time. Are you ready to make fitness a priority in your life, or are you too busy?